|Date Posted||May 11, 2019|
About Us: ConCor Networks is a leading provider of low-voltage and technology solutions for mission-critical and other applications. Our licensed and certified professionals design, build and maintain integrated technology-rich, highly complex systems that are faster, better and more efficient than ever before.
Mid Level Telecommunications Field Technician (Construction)
Hiring Locations: Maryland, DC & Northern Virginia
Reports to: Field Foreman
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Have you completed BICSI Installer 1 certification?; AND
Do you have at least one year of experience working on commercial construction project sites?
If you answer yes to these questions, then you will want to consider growing your career with us.
ConCor Networks, Inc. specializes in broad-range data communication supply and installation for commercial clients. ConCor is seeking to hire entry-level Field Technician. The Field Technician will execute their position responsibilities in accordance with company policies, practices, and processes, and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to assigned job site on time or as directed, fit for duty and ready to work.
- Clearly understands, complies with and enforces Company/Job Safety Requirements (OSHA, VOSH, MOSH, etc.)
- Position requires proper personal protective equipment (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, safety shoes, respirators when required, and safety harnesses as required).
- Clearly understands, complies with and enforces Company Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- With appropriate training, must be able to sort and deliver materials, tools and equipment to workers as needed.
- Completes cable pulling task, connector installations and labeling with direct supervision.
- Identifies and uses hand tools as required for the job. Maintains and properly stores tools and equipment to ensure clean and neat work areas at all times. Monitors/maintains adequate supplies of stock, tools & equipment inventories.
- Reports to assigned job site on time, fit for duty, and ready to work.
- Ensures availability of personal hand tools, tool belt and safety equipment on the job site as required.
- Accurately interprets labels, job site maps/directions and written instructions.
- Ability to work 8 hours per day, night shift, 40 hours per week and overtime as required.
- Maintains a safe working environment and identify, abate, mitigate potential hazards.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One year of professional experience working on commercial construction projects.
- Must possess High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- BICSI Installer 1 certification.
- Additional BICSI certification Installer 2 copper, and Installer 2 fiber optic is strongly preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write, spell in English, and compute basic math.
- Must be willing and able to learn basic communications and installation skills on the job or in class room environment.
- Must work smoothly with others as a member of a team to complete tasks.
- Must be able to speak the English language to receive work directives & ensure job safety. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen & background check.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- A basic comprehension of computer usage is preferred, but not required.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values, and culture.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of employees, government agencies, general and subcontractors, and suppliers.
Must be able to speak, interpret, read and write English. The ability to speak, interpret, read and write Spanish is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, power tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move minimum of fifty-five (55) pounds and up to one hundred (100) pounds. The employee may occasionally use scaffolding, stairs, and perform work from other elevated levels. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to travel to project sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly required to commute to field locations. This may require the use of personal motor vehicles, trains, planes, or the use of other public transit systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to VDT's. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Position exposure may include, but not be limited to high noise levels, vibration and hazards (i.e. chemicals, temperature, high voltage, power lines, scaffolding, rigging, moving or mechanical parts).
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled