|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
Our customer is the nations leading residential security installation and monitoring company.
– They are seeking a junior installation technician to add to their fleet supporting Montgomery, Frederick, and Washington, DC areas.
This candidate will be responsible for installing the in-home security systems at our client customers homes. Many of these systems are wireless devices systems that are IP based.
1) Install residential and small business burglar and fire alarms.
2) Performed service and troubleshooting all alarm systems with our client.
3) Install card access systems.
4) Run alarm and low voltage alarm cable in existing residential dwellings.
5) Repair and upgrade window and door contacts, monitoring detectors and smoke detectors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Residential Installer, you would:
Install appropriate devices; dismantle and reconstruct equipment as required by customer and our client, Conduct service calls and prewire residences.
– Work safely and responsibly to avoid injury, damage to property, loss of unused materials and clean up installation debris.
– Contact customer prior to date of scheduled installation to verify schedule. Prepare estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
– Follow proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
– Test operation of system to the signal receiving center to properly establish service.
– Read building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
– Coordinate installation with police/fire departments and handle necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
– Contact your customers before the installation to confirm the schedule.
– Keep yourself and your team safe while on the job.
– Make sure materials are used efficiently to minimize waste.
– Keep the customer's home safe and leave it clean when the installation is done.
– Test systems to ensure they work properly and all connections are established.
– Use your technical skills to read blueprints and schematic wiring diagrams and follow our client hook-up procedures.
– Prepare installation estimates using instructions or supervisor directions.
– Coordinate with police and fire departments and manage records to make sure emergency calls are handled properly.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.