|Location||Offutt AFB, NE|
|Date Posted||August 9, 2019|
Engineer AV Installation:
- Deployment for Audio/Video systems for all the conference rooms, desktops, open areas, command centers.
- PITCO and deployment of systems to the Desktops.
- VTC and overall Audio Visual. Large screen displays, monitors.
- Infrastructure and hardware side.
- Quality assurance type of Engineer, will be doing very little design work since it’s already done. Design is being implemented, need someone to QA the work that has been done with some small Engineering efforts. More troubleshooting than Engineering.
- Active Secret or higher. TS/SCI eligible preferred
- Bachelor's degree in electrical/electronic engineering or telecommunication engineering; Master's preferred.
- 5 years of related experience
- 3 years of experience in preparing, conducting, and performing PITCOs for IT systems.
- 2 years experience on an IT/Comm system install project with budget in excess of $100k
- 3 years experience working with testing and measuring equipment to include testing both copper and fiber cables using Fluke test equipment.
- 1 year experience developing detailed cost estimates for installation projects.
Required Function 1:
The Engineer, Audio/Visual (AV) Installations has primary responsibility to ensure consistency in the installation processes of all AV equipment in a new facility at Offutt AFB, NE. Ensures consistent appearance and finish quality in keeping with industry best practices. Serves as a working member of the AV installation teams, keeping close track of progress and assisting the installation teams as required. Maintains the accuracy of installed cabling and consistency of labeling during the installation process. Adheres to all relevant guidance documentation. Oversees and leads the installation teams, providing technical direction and providing Quality Assurance (QA) checks on the workmanship of the teams. Reviews the Installation Design Package for each system being installed, interacts with the appropriate project engineer should ambiguity exist in the drawing package, and assures strict adherence to designs and industry best practices. And delivers a completely installed space, with all installation materials removed, equipment properly mounted, and cabling installed, tested, dressed, and neat so that life-cycle sustainment cost is reduced.
Required Function 2:
Requirements- This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require client to staff it only with U.S. Citizens- Active SECRET or higher DoD security clearance; preference given to candidates holding a TOP SECRET clearance- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical/electronic engineering or telecommunication engineering; Master’s Degree preferred- At least five (5) years of related experience- Three (3) years’ experience preparing, conducting, and performing PITCOs for information technology systems to include AV systems- Two (2) years’ experience as an engineer on an IT/Communication system installation project with a budget in excess of $100,000 that includes systems designed and installed to support classified data transmission and processing- Three (3) years’ experience working with testing and measuring equipment to include testing both copper and fiber cables using Fluke test equipment- One (1) year of experience developing detailed cost estimates for installation projects involving new inside plant cabling infrastructure and new equipment installations- Ability to work outside of normal duty hours- Valid State issued driver’s license
Required Function 3:
Preferred Qualifications- Current AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist – Installer (CTS-I) or Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)- Current BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) Certification- Current CPR Certification
Required Function 4:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:- Proficient in all aspects of AV installation, including but not limited to: audio, video, network and control system cabling installation, termination, testing, and proper cable routing.- Commercial and military standards that govern inside plant (ISP) communications equipment, cabling, and electrical wiring installations – Safety standards / requirements- Read / interpret installation design and drawings- Understand principles behind electrical power circuit design and electrical safety – Understand principles behind the design of Internet Protocol (IP) networks- A demonstrated knowledge/experience with AutoCAD
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178