|Date Posted||January 9, 2019|
Commercial Alarm Technician Helper
Are you looking for an opportunity to start building a successful and rewarding career as a service technician? If so, this is your chance to join us at Interface Security Services!
We are the one provider who can do it all, safely integrating your network and security needs into one highly reliable and cost-effective bundle. With private monitored and managed broadband, video monitoring, security & life safety, digital voice, and new business intelligence capabilities, we're uniquely equipped to meet the rapidly-changing technology demands of today's retail, commercial and small business enterprises. Our services include providing evaluation, engineering, installation and maintenance of the active and passive components that comprise: VoIP Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV, Security, Access Control, Intrusion, and Wireless Solutions.
Commercial Alarm- Installer -Service
(IT Tech Support / Information Technology / Security)
Assistance in the Installation, Service, and Maintenance of commercial customer's security equipment.
Specific duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Install and repair fire and burglar alarm systems, both commercial and residential.
- Work directly in the field on the most efficient way to solve service issues.
- Request off-site service equipment needs through internal Service Dispatch department.
- Customer training as needed.
- Maintain acceptable and accurate inventory levels by conducting physical inventory counts.
- Verify and submit all documentation for inventoried items as per the company policy.
- Install twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded cable, solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode fiber optical cable and multi-mode fiber optical cable.
- Replace, service, and perform new wiring installs, UPS battery tests, network cable runs.
- Dress and route cable into telecoms closets, modular furniture & other work area outlets.
- Firestopping various types of cable penetrations.
- Understand, adhere to, and promote the Environmental and Health & Safety policies of AFL Telecoms.
- Interface with customer contacts on projects and work orders.
- Interface with the end-user and coordinate with vendors for each project.
- Hands-on field interaction with customers at the site level and some smaller customer care levels.
PURPOSE & SCOPE
Under general supervision from the Service Manager, the Commercial Alarm Technician Helper will be responsible for the proper and timely servicing and testing of burglary and fire systems installed by Interface Security Systems. This position is a field representative for Interface Security Systems responsible for performing proper practices and quality standards, following the NFPA and NEC Code requirements.
- Entry level low voltage wiring knowledge.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimum of one year of hands-on experience in the alarm industry.
- U.S Citizen or have the authorization to work in the U.S as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986.
- If applicable, hold a state fire/burg license, or ability to do so.
- Possess a clean criminal and driving record, ability to pass a drug screening and physical.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Thorough understanding and past experience with alarm systems and fire systems.
- Previous experience within the low voltage industry a plus.
- Ability to climb a ladder and handle equipment and tools while on the ladder.
- Maintain industry certifications and licenses as required.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency; self-motivated.
- Dependable and independent problem solver.
- Lead by example.
- Differing work hours.
- Ability to lift 40lbs up to 10 times a day.
- Outdoor work (all seasons) required.
Interface offers a competitive compensation package based on education and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off, the opportunity for growth and much more. Please submit a resume, cover letter, and compensation requirements.
Interface Security Systems will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: Employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; for rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship.
Interface Security Systems will, in all solicitations or advertisements for employees placed by or on behalf of the Interface Security Systems, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, or individual with a disability.